Monday, August 6, 2012

Color Tattoo

Hey Beautiful,

Source: Temptalia
     I have been dying to try the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe. My CVS never had them in stock, but while I was in a different one the other day they caught my eye. And finally the had Tough as Taupe. I waited all this time for this one color, just to be disappointed by it. This is a matte taupe and such a pretty color when you get it to work well. The formula is very dry, which might be attributed to its matte coloring. This is not a 'unique cream-gel texture,' it feels a bit like damp clay. This shadow is very hard to get on your eye, it tugs as you put it on. Since it tugs as you put it on the color comes out very uneven. Some parts of your eye are a beautiful taupe, but others are a light brown. If you can get the color to spread evenly it is an intense pigment just as Maybelline markets it to be. 
     This cream shadow cannot go without a base. Not only does it crease terribly, but it also just slides off your eye. I don't even have oily eyelids that would cause it to do that. The Color Tattoo is not a 24 hour wear without creasing or fading eyeshadow, it's more of a 2 hour wear. Though if you wear a base, such as Urban Decay Primer Potion or Benefit Stay Don't Stray, the eye shadow stays in place. That's kind of disappointing, I like to use these as my base. Personally this eyeshadow isn't even worth the $7. I would rather splurge and get more Mac Paint Pots, which are easy to use. 

  Stay beautiful, Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment