Friday, June 29, 2012

Splat Hair Color

Hey Beautiful,
     I dyed the tips of my hair purple recently using The Splat Hair Color Kits in Lusty Lavender. I had liked this kit originally because it came with both the bleach and the color. Over all I liked this kit. I feel the bleach took a lot of the color out of my hair considering I have dark brown hair. I couldn't get the bleach to mix well though. I have never used bleach before so I don't know if its supposed to be creamy or a bit rough feeling. The bleach came out like a cream, that got sand in it. Do you know what I mean? I hope you do. Like it wouldn't completely dissolve. My friend that uses bleach all the time, said it shouldn't be like that. I don't know why mine was. I did what they said and shook it and then let it sit.
     The color itself I'm not so sure about. It was very liquidy when applying. Many of the dyes I have used were more of a creamy mixture more than anything else. This felt very watered down. Secondly it became hard when it had dried. Never have I used a hair dye that became hard when dry. Like you could literally hear a crunch when you tried to move it. Lastly and most important, it wasn't very vibrant. The color came out very dull and patchy. And it isn't PURPLE!!!! It came out so pink it's not funny. So I don't like that. It's fine I wasn't heart set on purple but like a fun color. Which this is. So if your set on a color this may not be a good kit for you.
     In the kit you only get one set of gloves, which I hate. There are two parts to this process and washing cheap plastic gloves isn't cool. Once there wet they never dry, so to think that people should do that is just stupid. I would willingly pay an extra dollar to have another set of gloves in this kit. That's my only real downside to this kit. As well as there is not brush applicator thing. It would have been so helpful to have one for the bleach mainly. The color you can work in with your fingers no problem but the bleach not so much.
     Please read the directions and timing instructions on the kit if you are bleaching your hair for the first time. I don't think it's the smartest to just wing it with bleach.
   
   Stay beautiful, Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment